When it comes to portability and signal range, the JUSTPET Vertical Wireless Dog Fence is a practical option. This is the best wireless dog fence for large acreage if you don’t have the budget to build a physical containment for your dog.
We’ve been installing wireless fences in various Calgary acreages, which has been one of the favorites so far. And why not? JUSTPET offers a less intimidating option for first-time users, not to mention the compact design of their transmitter.
Below, I will share our experience of installing this wireless fence on a client’s acreage and how it worked.
Overview of the JUSTPET Vertical Wireless Dog Fence
Aside from that, the transmitter has a digital display, which is a nod to its modern design. Like the OKPET fence, we encountered the JUSTPET system late last year while scouting for a fence for large acreage.
Moreover, this JUSTPET system is available in 1-dog and 2-dog versions. Nevertheless, both can connect multiple collars at a time.
First-time wireless fence users will find the JUSTPET containment system worthwhile to use. But just like any wireless fence product, this comes with a few downsides.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x transmitter
- 2 x receiver collars
- 2 x power adapters
- 2 x charging cable
- 1 x test light tool
- 21 x marker flags
- 2 x mounting screws
- 4 x contact points (prongs)
- 1 x user manual
For the JUSTPET Vertical Wireless Dog Fence, we like the following key features:
- Massive range. For this wireless fence, you’re going to get up to 1,000 feet of circular range. It’s also adjustable in various stages using the pre-set increments on the transmitter. Also, it can be set for as low as 20 feet.
- Portable transmitter. Unlike PetSafe’s bulky transmitters, JUSTPET uses a portable and movable transmitter. You can install it inside the house and sync another base unit to strengthen the signal transmission.
- 3 correction modes. The JUSTPET Wireless Dog Fence is equipped with 3 correction modes. It has the standard tone mode and static mode with the added vibration mode. This will encourage dogs even more to go back to safety to avoid the shock.
- Automatic correction cycle. Once you set the range and turn the collar on, this wireless fence is ready to use. It has a pre-programmed correction sequence that will automatically engage once your dog steps out of the boundary.
- Multiple collar connectivity. Same with PetSafe wireless containment systems, the JUSTPET Vertical Wireless Fence can connect multiple collars at a time. This will let you contain many dogs in your large acreage, though you have to purchase additional collars separately.
What we like
For the JUSTPET Vertical Wireless Fence, the very first thing we like is the compact design. Our client has a small shed in his large acreage where we placed the receiver.
But if you’re going to place the transmitter inside your house, we suggest using multiple transmitters for a better signal.
We also like the fact that the receiver collar won’t shock the dog when the transmitter is turned off. We’ve installed a few wireless fences before that had a flaw that makes the collar set off when the base unit was accidentally switched off. We’re glad to report that this doesn’t happen on this JUSTPET system.
I also want to mention that the receiver collar of this fence is IP67 waterproof. It’s one of the buying factors our client considered because his large acreage has a small pond inside. Learn here wireless dog fence for large area
With this, the dog can soak in the water without damaging the receiver. However, we just want to mention that the static shock gets slightly stronger when it gets triggered underwater. It doesn’t cause injuries, but it’s still worth noting.
Also, the collar strap has reflective trims, which is very important for those with large acreage. It makes your dog easier to locate at nighttime. They also sell replacement straps, but they rarely stock up.
Overall, the JUSTPET Wireless Fence is quite similar to the OKPET System. Both have the same range, compact design, and the prices aren’t really that different.
What we don’t like
The JUSTPET Wireless Dog Fence works. However, we have to discuss a few caveats that every aspiring user should know.
First, there’s no customer service number to call. In case you encounter issues with the product, there’s no hotline like the one you get from PetSafe. Nevertheless, the wireless system our client got is fully functioning, and we didn’t have trouble installing it.
I also want to mention that the user manual on this wireless system isn’t the best thing in the package. Sure, it’s in English, but it badly needs improvements.
If you’re using a wireless fence for the first time, I advise that you just look up general instructions online. That will save you from the headache.
Just remember that this wireless fence will get messed up if the transmitter is placed near a metal object. Always keep the installation area obstruction-free. To save you from the guesswork, simply place it by the window.
Lastly, there’s no way to adjust the correction level. For this price, this is something I expect would be available. This is the same issue we have over the OKPET S-35, which is quite frustrating if you’re containing multiple dogs of varying sizes.
The JUSTPET Vertical Wireless Dog Fence System packs a massive range on a small package. It’s a topnotch choice for those who have large acreage and planning to contain multiple dogs at the same time.
However, you’d have to trade off a few features. But since this system works, we can say that it’s worth the money.
The installation and setup are quite easy with this JUSTPET system. If the OKPET S-35 we reviewed didn’t impress you, this might be the next best option for your property.
What do you think of this wireless fence? Share your thoughts below!